Saturday, July 23, 2011

∞ Don't mind me, just working on my blog layout ...

I've just been digging around my hard drive looking for some old writing to throw up here real quick to help me choose my blog design (way more important than content), and I found this bullshit piece I wrote for an oceanography class a while ago. I think it was for some extra credit because there is no way this "paper" was legit. Here's an excerpt:


"On March 20, a trimaran sailboat named Groupama 3 completed a round-the-world trip in just over 48 days, breaking the world record and winning the Jules Verne trophy.
The news of Groupama’s victory comes on the heels of two other very distinct sailing accomplishments over the past year, all achieved with new technological advances that use nature’s resources to the maximum (wind and water, the “fuel” of sailing). First, L’hydroptere, the French 28-meter trimaran, broke records and became the fastest boat on the planet this past autumn. L’hydroptere uses hydro-foiling technology to achieve minimum drag through the water, which helps obtain maximum boatspeed. Another major sailing victory came in February, with the USA team BMW Oracle winning the America’s Cup. BMW Oracle sailed a trimaran powered by a gigantic wing sail, also incredible technology.
All of these records and victories are directly related to oceanographic research.  From navigation of the world’s oceans to equipment that takes advantage of the ocean’s forces, these sailing feats exhibit the power of the ocean and its ability to be used as intercontinental transportation without exhausting the globe of already diminishing resources, such as oil. With boat speeds ever increasing by sail-power alone, the world may one day see a return to travelling under sail.
Groupama 3’s around-the-world trot in less than 50 days can only be proof that there are still technological advances to be made that won’t further destroy the planet." 

So I guess it's appropriate that my first post is an actual example of the BS I'm capable of writing. This blog thing is going to be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment